Saturday, February 15, 2014

We are a lucky city.


My wife and I attended an Alaska Aces game last week and boy was it awesome! Not only did the Alaska Aces beat Stockton, but they did it in front of a crowd of 5800 people. 5800 folks who endured a full parking lot. Folks who had to park way too far away and walk in the frigid temperatures to get to the game. But that's what we do. Because nobody in their right (or not so right) mind misses a game. The Aces are a great organization. The players, owners, and staff are all community minded. They know how to play good hockey and give the fans what they want.
We invited some friends of ours who had never been to a hockey game, and they were thrilled with the experience. The Aces fans are the best and last night they showed their spirit. The announcer had the crowd going and everyone was doing exactly what you'd expect- having a great time! 
Summer time is no different either, with two minor league baseball teams, it's easy to get out for a night at the ballgame too. 
Recently, I was speaking with a client who is moving here from Texas, and I asked him what he likes to do. He rattled off a list of things and it was a short list, but his interests are pretty cool none-the less. I asked him if he likes hockey, and he said that he'd never really watched it, being from Texas and all. I mentioned The Aces to him, and he said he had heard about them from coworkers and had also read about them online. When I told him some hockey stories (like triple overtime!) He said he thinks he's gonna have to give hockey a try. I'm hoping when he gets here, I get to be the one who goes to a game with him, because I KNOW IT WILL BE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment